The longer i am alive, the more and more i realize some things. I know that is a vague statement. Life is full of decisions. And these decisions are huge sometimes, where should i go to school? Who should i propose to? Which diamond watch should i buy? You know the important stuff. But sometimes it's so easy to get so caught up in these decisions. And in the process get more caught up in the process of making the "right" choice or more importantly not making the "wrong" choice that we skip the whole beautiful process.
We pray to God and ask, "God which school should i go to?" And we get so caught up in the decisions that the only time we really talk to God is when these decisions present themselves. And we find ourselves saying things like "oh you know i just wish God would send me a text message telling me what to do," or this, and you know you've used this one before "if God would just make it clear to me, then i would definitely do it".
But as i progress through life, (or digress), things become more clear. And as i live I am convinced that we have the process wrong. I believe the destination is not as important as the journey to get there. So many times we get caught up in these decisions we forget to just enjoy the Lord. I believe the closer we know God, and the closer we are to him, the easier and clearer these decisions become.
So if we get the process down, if we get the journey down, then the destination likely follows. Obviously, you can't have a destination without a journey. And it's along this journey that we discover God, who he is, what he likes and what he doesn't, what he loves and what he despises. I say all that to say, I hope you are not focusing more on the destinations (the choices) than the journey (walking with God).
On a completely unrelated note, (i can do that, i write these)
"Easy does it now, just keep your mouth shut, She thinks your hot already, don't go and press your luck, no news is good news coming, you got to wait to find, don't go and blow it you do every single time" -JM

No comments:
Post a Comment