Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I know you didn't bring me out here to drown

I'm in a funk, i don't know. I don't sleep, i don't eat, it's not that i'm tired, cause i'm not, it's strange. Never really gone through this before, so i don't know what it is. I'm not sick. One week ago i was fine. But through it all God is good. The closer i get to God, the more i feel this way. Anyways, that's how I'm doing, (i know you didn't ask) On to the point.

(if there is one)

Faith is an interesting thing. Sometimes i feel full of it and other times i have little. One morning while talking to God, we were talking about faith, and my lack there of. And i said "God, it's not that i don't have faith, i have all the faith in the world that you CAN do it, but my lack of faith comes from if you WILL do it" And all God said was "exactly"

I'm afraid just having faith that God can do something is not enough, and perhaps that's not real faith at all. Faith, in it's rawest form might just be trusting that God will do it. In the scriptures the greatest examples of faith, wasn't whether or not God COULD do something, it was the faith to wait and watch him DO it.

Look at Elijah, it wasn't enough to just believe that God COULD bring rain, he believed and waited for God to actually bring it. He expected it! I think that's the problem i have. I believe God could bring the rain if that's what he wants to do, i just lack the patience to actually sit out in the hot desert and wait for it to happen, believing, and expecting it to happen.

No comments: