The Concept of Understanding.
As soon as you think you understand something, anything. Something else changes and you’re right back to square one. Music, people, God, Life, Love.
I work so hard to try to get to a point where I have a handle on something.
I mean it’s as if climbing a flight of stairs and once you get to the top you see yet another flight of stairs two feet after the first. And you have to wonder, is there a top, is there an understanding coming? Or am I doomed to wander up stairs for the rest of my life and die somewhere in the middle. (Again saying there is a middle is assuming there is an end)
Ok so there is the problem.
And here is the solution.
Let it go. Come to terms with the fact that you will never understand some things. For me, it’s most things. And be ok with it, just sit back and relax, and bask in the wonder of being able to say, “I have no idea how or why this works the way it does, but it works”. There’s a certain freedom in hiding behind the great mystery of everyday life.
This all comes from writing a song about understanding.
“Dying in the staircase waiting for forever”
I’ll show it to you one day.
As always, I love you all.
On an unrelated note, i just thought this was awesome/funny/random/true/maybe not true.

No comments:
Post a Comment