Friday, November 13, 2009

A song that took 6 years to write.

Life's crazy. This is just a snippet from a song I've written, it's hard to explain. This is the song about my ex girlfriend. It's been 6years since it ended, and taken six years to write. In no way am i still hung up on her or anything, no I'm in love but not with this girl, but as a songwriter you draw on past experiences, and this experience has had a lot of potential to make for a good song. I was young, (still am) but it felt the only way the experience would be justified is if it had a purpose. A song to come out of it. Truth be told, i haven't copyrighted this song. If you want it's yours, take it and call it your own, the truth is i don't want anything to do with these lyrics anymore. (Think about releasing a dove) I'm only putting some of the lyrics up to give you an idea, a corner of the whole puzzle. I don't think it's right to show the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't hold anything against this girl. I haven't seen or spoken to her in years, I hope she's doing fine. If this ever gets back to her; and i hope it doesn't, you've got a song about you, while it's not a love song it's still a song and most girls don't get that. I hope you're doing well.
Without further adieu,

"When you walk down the street does the wind cry my name?
When you wonder aloud does it cause you to blame
yourself, cause it's all your fault

That I will not be there, for you.
That I will not be there, when you need me to
When you cry in your bed, at night, all alone
I will not be there, I will not be there"

No comments: